A few scattered storms are still possible for the rest of the afternoon in the area. Any storm that can really get going poses a severe weather risk. However, Tornado Watch has been cancelled early for Newton, Jasper & Benton.
It appears that all the rising motion with all of the storms southeast of the area is making for some sinking motion over the southern & southeastern part of the viewing area. This is resulting in additional t'storm development southward from our northwestern areas being suppressed. In other words, this second line is just getting too close to the line just southeast & east of our area.
Pea hail was reported near Brook from the storms, nickel hail earlier with the first line at Russiaville. Pea hail was also reported at Brookston.
A wind gust of 58 mph was measured at the Kentland Airport.
We have some nice rows of towering cumulus trying to go up with a few storms. Note how close these are to the towering storms east of Marion & Elwood.
Cold front is now moving into our northwestern & western areas.
However, high wind event is in progress. We are seeing episodes of 45-60 mph gusts pivot through the area.
Temperatures are 67-73 over the area right now. However, Morocco just dropped to 59 with frontal passage.
It is nice if you are outside of any shower or t'storm or don't mind the wind.
Latest measured non-t'storm gusts this afternoon:
Just count on it getting much cooler this evening with these winds once the cold front goes through. Then the low clouds will pivot in. How about 30s to 40 tomorrow with some rain/snow & snow showers with wind chills in the 20s?!!!
- March 14, 4:25 PM Update: Some Storms & High Wind Event
- March 14, 2 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 24, 12 PM Update: High Wind Event Continues
- March 11, 5 PM Weather Forecast Update: Damaging High Wind Event Thursday
- March 14, 12:20 PM Weather Forecast Update
- March 10, 1:15 PM Update: Another Wind Event.....Warmest Day Since October 31 On Thursday
- March 11, 11 PM Update
- February 22, 10 PM Isolated Severe Risk & High Wind Event Update
- March 14, 9:30 AM Update
- March 14, 10:45 AM Update