EDINBURGH, Ind. (AP) — Authorities have recovered the body of a 27-year-old man following a canoe accident in central Indiana.
A search began for the man on Saturday afternoon along the Driftwood River and the Bartholomew County coroner's office says the body of Siddharth Panicker was found Sunday near Edinburgh, about 30 miles (48 kilometers) southeast of Indianapolis. The Republic reports he worked as an engineer in Columbus.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources says he'd been canoeing with friends. The coroner's office says the death has been ruled an accidental drowning.
- Man's body recovered following Indiana canoe accident
- Body of missing boy recovered from southern Indiana river
- Crew recovers body of 5th Indiana boating mishap victim
- Indiana school district recovering from ransomware attack
- Body recovered following a fire in a Pulaski County home
- Authorities: Man fatally shot in Indiana hunting accident
- Authorities: Man dies in farming accident in eastern Indiana
- Private consultant finds body of man missing in Indiana lake
- Body of missing man, 26, found in Indiana's Lake Monroe
- Body of missing central Indiana man found in attic