TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - A man was taken away in an ambulance after a fire incident near Battle Ground.
It happened around 4:15 p.m. on Sunday on Huston Road.
An eyewitness told News 18 that they believe the man was driving a riding lawn mower down an access to the Wabash River to burn leaves. They say they think the fire from the leaves caused the man to catch on fire. However, officials on scene were not able to officially confirm this.
A spokesperson from the Battle Ground Fire Department did confirm that the man suffered from burn wounds.
He was brought from where the lawn mower was, up to the ambulance where he was taken away on a stretcher.
We don't know the identity the man or the condition he is currently in.
- Man suffers burns in incident Sunday afternoon
- Six-year-old suffers burns on fifty percent of body after apartment fire
- Michigan boy suffers second degree burns in 'fire challenge'
- Purdue builds flamethrower for Burning Man Festival
- Police investigating incident involving knife
- Breweries, wineries suffer due to government shutdown
- Madam Carroll strikes docks, suffers minor damage
- Teen suffers gunshot wound after argument
- Twelve people arrested for drug related incident
- Arconic employee injured in work-related incident