LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A man is recovering in the hospital after he was shot near Columbian Park Monday night.
Lafayette police were notified by an area hospital that a man arrived with a gunshot wound to the leg around 9:15 p.m. Monday. Police said the incident was between two men on a sidewalk at 28th and Ruger streets.
Lt. Scott Galloway said the suspect made threats to the victim prior to the incident. Police believe the two men knew each other. According to police records, the victim is a 19-year-old man.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information can call Lafayette police.
- Man shot near Columbian Park Monday night
- Police investigating shots fired near Columbian Park
- Arctober Fest makes debut in Columbian Park
- LPD investigating overnight stabbing near Columbian Park
- Columbian Park Zoo opens for season
- Columbian Park Zoo moves into fall hours
- Columbian Park Zoo closing for winter
- Bids open for Columbian Park penguin exhibit
- Columbian Park Zoo preparing for Boo at the Zoo
- City looks to add more exhibits to Columbian Park Zoo