WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- A Tippecanoe County man has been sentenced to three years in the Department of Corrections for his part in a child exploitation case that also allegedly involves his husband.
In June, Joshua Love (left) and Robert Love (right) were arrested after investigators found child pornography on an account belonging to one of them. Investigators said after questioning, both admitted to watching the material.
Monday, Joshua Love was sentenced for three counts of Child Exploitation and three counts of Possession of Child Pornography..
Robert Love, also known as Robert Rains, still faces a trial for seven counts of possessing child pornography, plus four other counts related to child exploitation and solicitation.
As we reported in June, the men were arrested after a ten-month investigation into the sex crimes against children. The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office began investigating the two men in September of 2017 after a tip from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC).
According to court documents, beginning in October of 2016, pornographic pictures and videos were uploaded to a cloud storage system. The IP address linked to the account was under Robert Love's name. The uploaded pictures were publicly available for download. The videos showed pre-teen boys and girls exposing themselves and engaging in sexual acts, according to the NCMEC.
- Man sentenced to 3 years in prison for child exploitation, husband still faces trial
- Second husband sentenced in child porn bust
- Earhart teacher arrested for alleged child exploitation
- Teacher accused of child exploitation officially fired
- LPD arrests Lafayette man after child exploitation investigation
- Lafayette man sentenced to prison for child porn
- Man facing prison time on federal child porn charges
- Man gets 30 year prison sentence for Lafayette shooting death
- Attica man sentenced to 32 years for child molestation
- Man sentenced to 13 years for child molesting charges