TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Peru man is heading to prison for 25 years for his part in a kidnapping and rape. Dustin Day was sentenced Tuesday.
Prosecutors said Day and Michael Pugh approached a woman outside her Lafayette apartment near 18th Street and Summertime Trail in August 2018. The two men allegedly forced her at knifepoint to drive to the Walmart on Veterans Memorial Parkway. Then, Pugh left.
The woman said Day pulled out a gun and forced her to drive to several locations. Day forced her to drive a rural Cass County road and then he raped her. The woman said she was held against her will for 17 hours.
Day was arrested two months later in North Carolina.
Pugh is currently in the Tippecanoe County Jail, facing charges of kidnapping, criminal confinement and intimidation.
- Man sentenced to 25 years for his role in Lafayette kidnapping and rape case
- Lafayette man convicted of rape sentenced to 13 years
- Man arrested for kidnapping, rape that started in Lafayette
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping
- Lafayette man convicted of rape
- Lafayette men sentenced for their roles in armed robbery
- Rensselaer man pleads guilty in kidnapping case
- Lafayette man sentenced to several decades for his role in 2017 killing
- Lafayette rapist sentenced to 23 years
- Man gets 30 year prison sentence for Lafayette shooting death