FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) — A man has been sentenced to 200 years in prison for the fatal shootings of two women and the death of one's unborn fetus in northeastern Indiana.
The Journal Gazette reports 27-year-old Deyante Stephens of Fort Wayne was given his punishment Friday after being convicted in February of three counts of murder and a firearms enhancement.
Stephens was charged in the January 2018 slayings of 37-year-old Preonda Jones and 24-year-old Brianna Gould inside a home in Fort Wayne. Gould was pregnant.
Prosecutors said it was a senseless act of violence.
A lawyer for Stephens argued no one saw him shoot the women. And a witness testified Stephens and another man left the home after hearing a loud noise and returned to find the women.
- Man sentenced to 200 years for deaths of 2 women, fetus
- Man gets 30 year prison sentence for Lafayette shooting death
- More deaths questioned at Lafayette man's sentencing
- Jasper Co. man sentenced to 30 years in prison for death of son
- Indiana man receives life term in 7 women's deaths
- 200 guns, ammo, swords seized in Terre Haute man's home
- Man sentenced to 55 years in triple slaying in Indiana
- WL man charged with attempted murder sentenced to 30 years
- Attica man sentenced to 32 years for child molestation
- Kokomo man involved in armed robbery sentenced to 43 years