LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A man reported he was attacked after a traffic discrepancy in Lafayette Friday, according to police.
Sgt. Mike Brown said a 25-year-old man told officers he was cut off by a black SUV near Sagamore Parkway and Creasy Lane around 10:45 a.m. Police said there was an exchange of words and a "hand gesture."
According to officers, the SUV followed the man to a fast food pizza restaurant in the 3200 block of Builder Drive. The man then said two men got out of the SUV and punched him in the head and face.
Brown said the man had visible cuts on his face. Video footage from a restaurant shows the beating, however Brown said there were no identifying features of the two men.
The case remains under investigation.
- Road rage leads to reported parking lot beating
- Suspect in fatal Indiana road rage beating caught in Florida
- Road rage incident lands driver and passenger in jail
- Police arrest man after West Lafayette parking lot stabbing
- Man passes out in parking lot after apparent heroin overdose
- Downtown parking lot permanently closes Monday for apartment construction
- LPD: Man arrested after altercation, shot fired in parking lot
- Fireworks set off in Almost Home Humane Society parking lot
- Special report: Lead dangers in Mulberry?
- Pacers build big lead, hold on to beat Grizzlies 116-113