LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Charges are filed against a man accused of overdosing on heroin while locked inside a hotel bathroom with a small child.
Prosecutors charged 27-year-old Jacob Mathews with five counts, including neglect of a dependent and possession of a narcotic drug. The incident happened Sunday night at a hotel on South 6th Street in Lafayette.
Prosecutors said police officers forced open the door and found Mathews passed out on the floor, next to a syringe still containing heroin.
His face was turning purple and he appeared to have trouble breathing. The screaming child was between his feet. Mathews is currently in the Tippecanoe County Jail.
- Man overdoses on heroin in Lafayette hotel while with child
- Man passes out in parking lot after apparent heroin overdose
- 3 children found in car with parents overdosed on heroin
- Meth and heroin bust leads to charges against Lafayette man
- Heroin bust leads to charges against Lafayette man
- Lafayette man gets prison time for dealing meth, heroin
- International Overdose Awareness Day celebrated in Lafayette
- West Lafayette man accused of child molestation
- Lafayette man faces felony child molesting charges.
- Lafayette man sentenced for child pornography