LOGANSPORT, Ind. (WLFI) — A man is in serious condition after being pulled from the water at France Park in Logansport, according to the Indiana Department of Natural Resources.
First responders were called out around 5:15 Thursday evening. Witnesses saw a man go under the water and fail to resurface.
The DNR said several bystanders searched the water. They found the man, pulled him out,and started CPR.
The man was first taken to a local hospital, then air lifted to Fort Wayne, according to the DNR.
France Park is the same place where a man died in May, after jumping off the cliffs into the cold swimming hole below. The DNR treated the death as an accidental drowning.
In Thursday night's case, witnesses told DNR they the man was swimming near the beach.
- Man airlifted after water rescue at France Park
- DNR investigating death at France Park cliffs
- Two airlifted after White County crash
- Frankfort woman airlifted in ORV crash
- Woman airlifted to hospital after Logansport crash
- Lafayette water park getting two new slides
- ISP: Three people airlifted after crash in Jasper County
- Two airlifted Saturday night in boat accident on Lake Shafer
- Eight-year-old airlifted after Tippecanoe County four-wheeler crash
- Boy airlifted after leading police on multi-county chase