PERU, Ind. (WISH) -- A Northern Indiana man was arrested in North Carolina in connection to the August kidnapping and rape of a woman in Tippecanoe County, Indiana State Police said on Monday.
Officers with the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation and a local sheriff's office served an arrest warrant to 35-year-old Dustin Day, of Peru, on Friday in Norwood, North Carolina, alleging felony charges of rape and kidnapping. On Monday, he was being held on a $250,000 bond in the Stanly County Jail on a fugitive charge.
On Aug. 6, Day allegedly got into a 26-year-old woman's car near her Tippecanoe County residence, a state police investigation revealed. Uninvited and armed with a handgun, Day allegedly drove the woman to a rural Cass County road and raped her, according to state police. He also allegedly held her against her will for 17 hours.
Day was expected to appear in court in North Carolina on Monday.
- Man arrested for kidnapping, rape that started in Lafayette
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping
- Lafayette man convicted of rape
- Lafayette man arrested for rape and criminal confinement
- Kokomo rape suspect arrested
- Lafayette woman charged with kidnapping, auto theft
- Lafayette man charged with kidnapping after dragging woman from bar
- Lafayette kidnapping leads to man in FBI custody
- Man charged with kidnapping in 2018 Lafayette abduction
- Police arrest man suspected of rape