TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Deputies arrested a 28-year-old Linden man for driving under the influence, causing serious bodily injury.
On Saturday around 2 p.m., deputies responded to a reckless driver dispatch in the 4500 block of State Road 28. It was reported that a tan passenger car was swerving all over the roadway.
A few minutes later the Town Marshall of Clarks Hill found a two-vehicle crash in the 9000 block of State Rd 28. One of the vehicles matched the description of the reported reckless driver.
Deputies arrived to find the driver and passenger of a Silver Chrysler Sebring were seriously injured from the crash and needed to be extricated from the vehicle. The driver of this vehicle was identified as 72-year-old Nancy Pulley of Bluffton, IN. Pulley was flown by helicopter to St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis with serious injuries.
The passenger is identified as 59-year-old Sheila Browning of Lucerne, IN. Browning was taken by ambulance to IU Hospital in Lafayette.
The driver of the tan Buick Century was identified as Derrick Mangis. Mangis complained of minor pain to his knee but was otherwise uninjured. It is believed that drugs and/or alcohol are a contributing factor in this crash. Members of the Tippecanoe County FACT Team are investigating this.
It was determined that Mangis drove off the right side of the roadway and overcorrected back onto the roadway. Mangis crossed the centerline and struck the Sebring head-on.
Mangis was arrested and taken to the Tippecanoe County Jail.
- Man arrested for driving under the influence, causing serious bodily injury
- Burlington man arrested for driving ORV under the influence
- Freezing rain causing dangerous morning driving conditions
- Crash causes minor injuries, fuel spill on State Road 43
- Influencers prepare for an Instagram without likes
- Man arrested for driving drunk around little league park
- Beach club owner rips into freeloading Instagram 'influencers'
- Multiple injuries in 3-vehicle crash
- Man dies from injuries after U.S. 231 Crash
- Man accused of driving car into beauty salon arrested, detained by ICE