BUNKER HILL, Ind. (WLFI) — A man is behind bars in Miami County after police said he was driving around drunk at a little league baseball game.
State police arrested 23-year-old Daniel Amonett Tuesday evening at the Bunker Hill Little League Park.
It happened after an off-duty officer saw Amonett driving a car about 30 to 45 miles per hour through the lot.
Officers said Amonett was belligerent and refused to provide identification.
Police allegedly found a bottle of vodka and beer in the car.
They also said Amonett almost hit an elementary age girl who was walking through the parking lot.
He faces charges of driving while intoxicated, resisting law enforcement, public intoxication, and failure to identify.
- Man arrested for driving drunk around little league park
- Wrong way drunk driver arrested on Hoosier Heartland
- Lafayette woman sentenced for her role in fatal drunk driving crash
- Burlington man arrested for driving ORV under the influence
- Police arrest man after West Lafayette parking lot stabbing
- LPD: Man arrested after altercation, shot fired in parking lot
- Police: West Lafayette man drunk in motorcycle hit-and-run that injured cousin
- Police: Toddler wandering Lafayette street, mother drunk at home
- Man accused of driving car into beauty salon arrested, detained by ICE
- Man arrested for driving under the influence, causing serious bodily injury