BUNKER HILL, Ind. (WLFI) — A man is behind bars in Miami County after police said he was driving around drunk at a little league baseball game.
State police arrested 23-year-old Daniel Amonett Tuesday evening at the Bunker Hill Little League Park.
It happened after an off-duty officer saw Amonett driving a car about 30 to 45 miles per hour through the lot.
Officers said Amonett was belligerent and refused to provide identification.
Police allegedly found a bottle of vodka and beer in the car.
They also said Amonett almost hit an elementary age girl who was walking through the parking lot.
He faces charges of driving while intoxicated, resisting law enforcement, public intoxication, and failure to identify.
- Man arrested for driving drunk around little league park
- Wrong way drunk driver arrested on Hoosier Heartland
- Police arrest man after West Lafayette parking lot stabbing
- Man shot near Columbian Park Monday night
- 1 arrested after burglars drive SUV into Anderson gun store
- Man arrested after I-65 crash
- Lafayette man arrested after stabbing
- League of Women Voters will host update on environmental issues
- Cubs to face Pirates in 2019 Little League Classic
- Charges filed against man in Meadowbrook Drive shooting case