INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Authorities say a 40-year-old man has been arrested following eight arson fires since 2014 in Indianapolis.
Police say the man is a person of interest in a July 2 fire that appeared suspicious to firefighters at the scene. He was recently arrested in Evansville and police say he's also believed to be involved in seven other arson fires, including two others this year, two in 2018 and three in 2014.
Indianapolis police say in a statement that the man was found through a collaboration of Indianapolis police and fire investigators, as well as the U.S. Marshals service.
Police say the Marion County prosecutor's office will review the case and make a decision about charges. Police are asking anyone with information to contact authorities.
- Man arrested after 8 arsons in Indianapolis since 2014
- Arrest made in Lafayette lumberyard arson
- Three suspects arrested for possible arson
- Frankfort house fire ruled arson
- Indianapolis Zoo opening new exhibits
- Indianapolis police arrest 2 in fatal shooting of girl, 1
- Carroll Co. man arrested in South Dakota after business arson investigation
- Man charged with arson and murder after Pulaski County fire