JASPER COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Jasper County man injured five officers during the process of his arrest Sunday, according to deputies.
On March 3, officers tried to stop a man for a traffic violation near the School Crossing Market Shopping Center in Wheatfield. R.J. Kosik, 41, fought with deputies and injured three officers while being arrested.
Police said Kosik was trying to grab two knives while he was being arrested. Police took him into custody where be became aggressive with corrections officers. The sheriff's office says he injured two officers while inside the jail.
Deputies said Kosik was in possession of Methamphetamine. He is facing the following preliminary charges:
Possession of Methamphetamine
Battery on a Public Official
Resisting Law Enforcement While Armed with a Death Weapon
Driving While Suspended
- Jasper County man injures 5 officers during arrest
- Jasper County man arrested in alleged stabbing
- Jasper County man arrested on charges of impersonating a police officer
- Jasper County man killed by front-end loader
- Man dies following crash on I-65 in Jasper County
- Jasper County man dead after car catches fire
- Illinois man put behind bars in Jasper County
- Deputies break up underage drinking party in Jasper County
- ISP: Three people airlifted after crash in Jasper County
- Missing Jasper County woman found dead in Hobart