CLINTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A person is recovering after being shot early Wednesday morning in Clinton County. The man who police said fired the shots is behind bars.
Just after midnight, deputies were called to County Roads 7500 East and 100 North. When they got there, police found the victim with non-life-threatening injuries.
Investigators said Josh Reister heard a knock at his door and saw the victim outside. Reister told deputies he knew the person. When Reister didn't answer the door, the victim allegedly broke a window while knocking. Deputies said that's when Reiser fired a handgun towards the window and hit the victim.
Reister was arrested for criminal recklessness and aggravated battery. He's being held in the Clinton County Jail.
- Man accused of shooting person who broke his window
- Lafayette man charged, accused of knocking person unconscious with shovel
- Monticello man accused of pointing gun at person on I-65
- One person injured in personal injury crash
- Black Friday broke shopping records, but not at stores
- Man says an intruder broke into his house, cleaned it and left
- Questions surround window regulations after The Hub suicide
- Local dentist busts car window to protect driver
- Microsoft warns Windows 10 users to update immediately
- Lafayette Police: LSC bus window appears to have been shot