TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Beginning in June, McCutcheon High School will undergo a series of major renovations. The massive project is expected to be complete by August 2021.
A large focus in the project is safety. Currently visitors are buzzed in. An updated entrance to the school will allow for visitors to come face to face with office staff before they're allowed to enter.
Other changes range from electrical and plumbing to an updated pool, auditorium and science lab. Superintendent Scott Hanback says construction will be staggered in order to minimize disruption.
"We want to get it underway, that way we can get it done so it's going to be some short term pain for some long term gain here because it is a massive project," said Hanback.
Hanback said plans to renovate both Harrison and McCutcheon High Schools has been in the works for several years.
- Major renovations to begin at McCutcheon High School
- Bond approved to start on McCutcheon's $28 million renovations
- Major renovation plans move forward for TSC
- Laces for Lisa 5K held at McCutcheon High School
- Sheriff: Nothing to alleged McCutcheon High School threat
- The 4th annual Buddy Walk held at McCutcheon High School
- Lafayette 7 to close Monday for major renovation
- McCutcheon's Phinisee signs with Indiana
- McCutcheon baseball blanks Benton Central
- New security measures in place at McCutcheon and Harrison High Schools