LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Main Street will close beginning September 10th to prepare for Loeb Stadium's renovations.
The city is re-routing a water main across Main Street in two locations, it will go through 21st Street, Congress Street and Wallace Avenue.
Main will be completely closed from Wallace Avenue to 21st Street.
Local traffic will be able to use Main Street between Kossuth and 18th Streets, and the official detour will be 18th street to Kossuth street.
The city wants that part of the project to wrap up by June so that renovations on Loeb can begin in August 2019. Loeb Stadium is expected to be finished by fall of 2020.
- Main Street to close for Loeb Stadium renovations
- Updates to Loeb Stadium include new stoplight on Main St.
- Utility work planned for Loeb Stadium this summer
- Loeb Stadium to host Greater Lafayette World Series
- One step closer to a new Loeb Stadium
- Main Street closure pushed back
- State Street closed due to water main break
- Purdue to release survey for Ross-Ade Stadium renovation
- Stadium Avenue closes for summer Monday
- Dollar General on Main Street robbed