LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The month long closure of Main Street through Lafayette is being pushed back. The street will now close on September 17th, instead of the 10th.
As we previously reported, it's to prepare for renovations at Loeb Stadium. There will still be construction beginning on the 10th but the road will remain open.
Beginning September 17th, Main will completely close from Wallace Avenue to 21st Street.
The city is re-routing a water main across the Street in two locations. Local traffic will still be able to use Main Street between Kossuth and 18th Streets.
The official detour will be 18th street to Kossuth street.
- Main Street closure pushed back
- South Street closure begins Monday
- Dollar General on Main Street robbed
- Business owners prepare for South Street closure
- Details released in upcoming South Street closure
- State Street closures will affect parking garage
- Temporary weekend road closure on State Street
- LPD investigates late night stabbing on Main Street
- City officials find solution to Main Street flooding
- New surveillance cameras watch over Main Street in Lafayette