MONTICELLO, Ind. (WLFI) — Indiana's largest boat is still working on repairs for minor damages this weekend.
News 18 reported Monday night about the low-speed collision with some structures on shore.
But, the Madam Carroll co-owners Chris Peters and Chris Lehe are anticipating it to be better than ever this season.
Peters said upcoming projects are helping the community enjoy the 300-ton vessel.
The sound of rain is not what you expect on the Madam Carroll. You expect something more like music, partying and good times. Maybe you'll even hear Love Shack by the B-52's.
"I can tell you that this boat more than any other time is going to be louder and brighter than anybody's ever seen it," said Peters.
But, not until it recovers from the weekend's collision.
"It had nothing to do with mechanical failure, just the way we were operating the engine and the boat that day," said Peters.
As we reported on Monday the engine stalled but below deck in the engine tub, co-owner Chris Peters said the engine is brand new and working like a gem.
Some of the windows broke when the boat hit the dock, but Peters said those needed to be replaced anyway.
In fact, they say they're making many improvements in safety, steel work, marketing, a sound system and technology.
"The nostalgia here is amazing," said Peters.
"If you haven't been on this boat in five years, 15 years or even 20 you haven't been on this boat until now," said Peters.
The co-owners turned Lake Freeman's best party into what they called an amusement property.
"There's nothing more cool than this opportunity right here and we are taking full advantage of it," said Peters.
Peters told News 18 he practically lives on the boat coming up with new ideas for the Madam Carroll.
Possible projects down the road for the boat include a mechanical bull, bounce houses and getting hotels to the area.
- Madam Carroll ready to roll despite damages
- Madam Carroll strikes docks, suffers minor damage
- Madam Carroll up for sale
- Madam Carroll talks boat safety
- The Madam Carroll to regulate alcohol sales
- Madam Carroll hosting pre-fireworks benefit cruise
- Off the market: Madam Carroll has new owners
- Madam Carroll hosts its first Indy 500 viewing party
- Proud to be an American parade takes place at The Madam Carroll
- After new legislation and plumbing, Madam Carroll to stay in water through winter