WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Fans at Mackey Arena are getting better cell phone reception.
AT&T completed a system upgrade at the arena on Tuesday.
Fans are now able to access social media more easily when the stands are full.
Verizon and T-Mobile are next on the list to increase reception.
Tom Schott says this is all a part of the athletic department's effort to increase the fan experience.
Mackey also has brand new video screens on the center-court scoreboard.
- Mackey gets better cell reception
- Purdue victories lead to sellouts at Mackey
- Mackey Arena hosts men's basketball watch party
- Purdue volleyball falls to Nebraska at Mackey Arena
- Veterans honored at reception, with surprise special guest
- TOMMY LUCE (Part 2) – How Luce became the "King of Mackey"
- Purdue basketball legends return to Mackey Arena for annual alumni game
- Did Dombkowski's cell usage violate election law?
- Tippecanoe Co. Election Board to review Dombkowski's cell use