WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Experts said now is the time to start getting the flu vaccination.
Custom Plus Pharmacy goes place to place looking for people who need the shot.
They were at WLFI Wednesday.
We asked about the outlook of this year's strand.
So, it is kind of a guessing game," said Pharmacist Tyler Gerlach. "Some years it is more effective than others but we kind of have to wait and see how the flu hits later in the season until we know how effective it truly is."
Some people are skeptical of the seasonal vaccination but medical experts say there's nothing to be worried about.
"So many people do think that it does give them the flu," said Gerlach. "However, it has been proven that is just a coincidence if they do get sick after their flu shot cause it is a completely dead virus."
The flu shot takes about two weeks to become effective.
However, it should last until the start of flu season next year.
- Flu season preparation is underway
- Wabash River Festival preparations underway
- Indiana flu deaths reach 107 for state's current flu season
- Road construction season in Greater Lafayette is underway
- Tippecanoe County reaches five deaths this flu season
- First flu-related death of season reported in Indiana
- Flu season is here and now is the time to get a flu shot
- Indiana residents urged to get flu shots as flu season nears
- Industrial Roundtable underway
- Manufacturing "Week" underway