CASS COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Two police chases at the same time in Cass County ended with the drivers arrested for drug charges.
Just before 11 a.m Monday, deputies said they tried to pull over a car near County Roads 475 East and 300 South. Instead, they say the driver sped off, throwing items from the window which were later identified as a handgun and methamphetamine.
Police said the driver, 30-year-old Arielle Griffis of Logansport, stopped shortly after and was put under arrest.
At the same time, another driver sped from the same area. He crashed shortly after with an innocent bystander's car.
Police say Brett Youngblood, 33 of Logansport, tried to run off but was caught shortly after. He and the driver not involved in the chase both had to be treated for minor injuries.
Youngblood and Griffis both face felony drug charges, as well as resisting law enforcement. Griffis also had prior warrants.
- Police: Logansport woman throws meth, gun out the window during chase
- Woman airlifted to hospital after Logansport crash
- Logansport bridge set to close
- Logansport looking into hotel development
- Logansport company moving to Lafayette
- Logansport ranked high in safety
- Logansport Hardee's destroyed in fire
- State police identify 6 bodies found in Logansport house fire
- Logansport police investigating body found in wooded area
- NCC Baseball: McCutcheon edges Logansport in semifinals