HOWARD COUNTY, Ind. (WTTV) – A Logansport woman is facing charges for a crash that killed the Howard County sheriff’s daughter.
The crash occurred on April 8 around 10:30 p.m. just west of the U.S. 31 bypass. Jordan Asher, 21, was driving a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix northbound on U.S. 35 near County Road 80 West. Jennifer Eastwood, 48, of Logansport, was driving a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee southbound on U.S. 35. Their vehicles collided head-on after Asher’s vehicle crossed the center line.
Howard County Coroner Steve Seele pronounced Asher dead at the crash scene. Eastwood was injured.
Police say a toxicology report showed Eastwood had a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .196, more than twice the legal limit of .08. Asher reportedly had Delta-9 THC, the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, in her system on the night of the crash.
On Monday, an arrest warrant was served on Eastwood for misdemeanor charges for operating a vehicle while intoxicated at .15 or higher, operating while intoxicated endangering, and driving with a suspended license with a prior conviction.
She was taken to the Cass County Jail.
- Logansport woman arrested in crash that killed Howard County Sheriff's daughter
- Howard County Sheriff's daughter killed in crash
- Woman airlifted to hospital after Logansport crash
- Howard County paramedic arrested for sexual misconduct with minor
- Logansport bridge set to close
- Logansport looking into hotel development
- Suspect arrested in string of Logansport church burglaries
- NCC Baseball: McCutcheon edges Logansport in semifinals
- Logansport company shows off replica Batmobile
- First responders react to Logansport house fire