LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - A Logansport business is making the move to Lafayette after spending decades in Cass County. Engineering and Industrial Services, LLC is moving to the Cassini Tile building on Earl Avenue. On Thursday, the Lafayette Redevelopment Commission approved a tax abatement for the company to come to the city.
According to its website, Engineering & Industrial Services, LLC. has been serving manufacturing and the rubber extrusion industry since 1977. They provide equipment for the automotive industry.
Curt Hillenberg is the operations manager for the company. He said they are excited about the company's future in Lafayette.
"The building is going to be so much better for us," he said. "I feel like we'll have a good opportunity for employment."
The company currently has 25 employees and hopes to bring on about 10 more as part of the move. He said most of their employees are ready and willing to make the move with the company. They also hope to grow more than just their employee numbers.
"We were maxed out with the building we were in, looking for a new one and we found this one, so we feel there will be more opportunity," he said. They intend to build on to the current structure in the future.
- Logansport company moving to Lafayette
- Logansport company shows off replica Batmobile
- Logansport bridge set to close
- Logansport looking into hotel development
- Logansport ranked high in safety
- Logansport Hardee's destroyed in fire
- Lafayette sues opioid companies for addiction crisis
- NCC Baseball: McCutcheon edges Logansport in semifinals
- First responders react to Logansport house fire
- Logansport hoping to help historic building facades