WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — McCutcheon graduate and Indiana University outfielder Logan Sowers was selected in the 28th round of the 2018 Major League Baseball Draft on Wednesday.
Sowers was taken with the 828th overall pick by the Chicago White Sox.
A four-year starter for the Hoosiers, Sowers hit .299 with 10 home runs and 34 runs batted in as a senior earning third team All-Big Ten honors.
Sowers was drafted by the San Diego Padres in 2014 but decided to attend college in Bloomington.
Sowers joins McCutcheon alums Clayton Richard (White Sox, 2005) and Nick Wittgren (Miami Marlins, 2012) to be selected in the MLB Draft.
- White Sox select Logan Sowers in 28th round of MLB Draft
- Tanner Andrews, Nick Dalesandro taken in MLB Draft
- Lopez, Palka help White Sox beat Red Sox 5-2
- Blue Jays rout White Sox 14-5
- Kluber pitches Indians past White Sox 9-1
- Jacson McGowan drafted in 11th round by Rays
- Rodriguez strikes out 12 as Red Sox beat White Sox 6-1
- White Sox cool off Blue Jays with 4-3 win
- Contreras keeps on slugging, Cubs pound White Sox, 11-2
- Candelario’s RBI single lifts Tigers past White Sox 5-4