LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — There's a new chapter of baseball coming to Loeb Stadium this summer.
It's called the Greater Lafayette World Series.
The inaugural Greater Lafayette World Series is set to be held July 26-29 and will take over for the Colt World Series which moved to Marion, Illinois last fall after nearly 50-years in Lafayette.
Similar to the Colt, the GWS will feature 15-and-16 under age teams. Each team will play a guaranteed four games, weather permitting.
The entry fee to participate in the tournament is 600 dollars.
- Loeb Stadium to host Greater Lafayette World Series
- Lafayette Leopards hold reunion at Loeb Stadium
- Lafayette bids farewell to historic Loeb Stadium
- Lafayette Aviators enjoying final season in historic Loeb Stadium
- Bids open for Loeb Stadium renovation
- City breaks ground at Loeb Stadium
- Greater Lafayette Commerce hosts construction update luncheon
- Greater Lafayette Commerce Hosting Business Expo Wednesday
- Utility work planned for Loeb Stadium this summer
- Updates to Loeb Stadium include new stoplight on Main St.