LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Due to flooding at McAllister Park along the Wabash River, the location has been changed for a local holiday tradition.
The annual Turkey Trot 5K race will now be held at Cattail Trail in West Lafayette. The trail goes through the Celery Bog Nature Area. The parking lot of the West Lafayette Walmart will be the staging area.
The race begins at 8 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
Last year about 400 runners braved the chilly weather to raise money for Lafayette Urban Ministry.
The race begins at 8 a.m. on Thanksgiving. Check-in begins at 6:30 a.m. The cost is $35 for adults and $10 for kids 12 and under. To register, click here.
- Location of the annual Turkey Trot 5K Run moved due to flooding
- Lafayette Urban Ministry hosting 5th annual Turkey Trot 5K
- Runners kick off Thanksgiving with the Turkey Trot 5K
- Lafayette Urban Ministry Turkey Trot 2018
- Turkey Trot 5K race get holiday off on the right step
- Turkey Trot set to raise more than $21,000
- Purdue hosts annual 5k Challenge
- Purdue University hosts 7th annual half-marathon and 5k race
- Purdue holds 8th annual Boilermaker half-marathon & 5K
- Lafayette police to hold first ever 5K run/walk