LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Due to flooding at McAllister Park along the Wabash River, the location has been changed for a local holiday tradition.
The annual Turkey Trot 5K race will now be held at Cattail Trail in West Lafayette. The trail goes through the Celery Bog Nature Area. The parking lot of the West Lafayette Walmart will be the staging area.
The race begins at 8 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
Last year about 400 runners braved the chilly weather to raise money for Lafayette Urban Ministry.
The race begins at 8 a.m. on Thanksgiving. Check-in begins at 6:30 a.m. The cost is $35 for adults and $10 for kids 12 and under. To register, click here.
- Location of the annual Turkey Trot 5K Run moved due to flooding
- Runners kick off Thanksgiving with the Turkey Trot 5K
- Lafayette Urban Ministry Turkey Trot 2018
- Turkey Trot 5K race get holiday off on the right step
- Purdue hosts annual 5k Challenge
- Purdue University hosts 7th annual half-marathon and 5k race
- Lafayette police to hold first ever 5K run/walk
- Momentum hosts Lafayette's first ugly sweater 5K run
- 13th annual Germanfest cancelled due to weather
- Semper 5K comes to Purdue