DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (WLFI) — The University of Saint Francis football team is back in the NAIA national championship game with the help of three local players: Dan Ricksy, Matt Muncy and Nicholas Cox.
Ricksy, a Lafayette Jeff alum, is a sophomore receiver for Saint Francis, a school located in Fort Wayne. Ricksy has recorded a team-leading 67 catches for 1,090 yards and 10 touchdowns this season for the Cougars.
Muncy, a McCutcheon graduate, is a senior defensive end. Muncy has registered nine tackles and two sacks in 11 games for the Cougars. Cox, also a McCutcheon graduate, is a sophomore offensive lineman.
The No. 1 Cougars, who claimed the NAIA national title in 2016, face No. 2 Reinhardt, out of Waleska, Georgia on Saturday at 6 p.m. at Municipal Stadium in Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Local trio helps Saint Francis to NAIA title game
- Lafayette trio helps St. Francis win NAIA national title
- Saints rally past Eagles 20-14, will host NFC title game
- Purdue volleyball trio garners Big Ten awards
- Purdue softball trio honored by Big Ten
- Long-distance call: Thomas helps Saints beat Rams 45-35
- Fitzpatrick, Bucs stun Saints 48-40
- Central Catholic falls one game short of state title berth
- Chiefs roll past Colts 31-13 to reach AFC title game
- Benton Central tops Salem, advances to state title game Saturday