LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—On Thursday The Crossing School of Business & Entrepreneurship held a ribbon cutting at Henry Poor Lumber's Wood Packaging operation.
The Crossing partnered with Henry Poor Lumber Wood Packaging in order to provide job training and life skills with fully equipped classrooms.
While at the facility students will receive hands on training alongside Henry Poor employees.
Campus Administrator for The Crossing, Cole Warford, said this will prepare students for skilled trades after high school.
"Hopefully the opportunities that are able to come from this," said Warford. "The awareness of what we are doing here and partnering with Henry Poor, for what it might able to provide for other businesses in the Lafayette and West Lafayette communities."
Student are also excited for the new facility. Jospeh Trueblood said this will benefit both Henry Poor and future students.
"It's important because it's giving us a chance to break off from the actual crossing itself to come here and partner with them," said Trueblood. "Give them some opportunities, give us some opportunities for future students."
Classes for the new semester will start July 29th, 2019.
- Local students host a ribbon cutting for new training facility
- Lafayette fire training facility expanding
- Purdue celebrates new agricultural building with ribbon cutting
- Whittaker Inn celebrates grand opening with ribbon cutting
- SIA breaks ground on new training facility
- Victims of gun violence remembered with ribbons
- First responders host mass casualty training
- Camp Achieve: Ball State hosts cutting-edge autism summer camp
- Red Ribbon Week kicks-off with annual breakfast
- Lafayette Police Department hosts self-defense training for women