WEST LAFAYETTE, (Ind) -- Four West Lafayette High School students will be rocking and rolling with two of the greatest rock bands of all time.
The West Lafayette String Quartet will be accompanying ‘Beatles Versus Stones- A Musical Showdown.’ The show pits the tribute bands Abbey Road and Satisfaction against each other in a show full of Beatles and Rolling Stones hits.
Seniors Tushar Sardesai and Alex Lee will be playing violin for the show. Senior Christina Shi will be playing viola, and junior Julia Kostraba will be playing cello.
The quartet is used to playing classical and orchestral music. The transition to rock n’ roll has been a unique experience for the group, but they are all grateful for it.
“I think it's a really unique opportunity for, especially, a high school quartet.” Shi said. “So I'm really glad we were able to do it.”
“I'm very glad that God gave me this opportunity.” Kostraba added. “To play with a rock band and try new things that I haven't done before.”
The show will be at the Long Center for Performing Arts Tuesday, September 24th.
Ticket information can be found here.
- Local string quartet to play for world-touring rock n' roll show
- Legendary 'Rock 'n' Roll' Purdue professor passes away
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2019 class announced
- Fisher-Price Rock 'n Play sleepers recalled as officials confirm over 30 infant deaths
- Elkhart man suspected in string of Indiana and Michigan robberies
- Alcohol, bicycles and shotguns recovered in string of Monticello burglaries
- Suspect arrested in string of Logansport church burglaries
- PUPD looking for suspects in overnight burglary string
- Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office investigating string of vehicle break-ins
- Purdue rolls over Illinois 46-7