LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) —A local nurse is recognized for an international honor. Stephanie Spencer was given the Daisy Award.
A family created the award in memory of their loved one who died from an auto-immune disease. During that time, the family was overwhelmed by the amount of love nurses showed them.
Stephanie Spencer said she always tries to be extra caring to her patients.
"It's not just a normal job, you're taking care of people and to show somebody that you truly care who is probably here not having the best day of their life to begin with, I think is very important," said Spencer.
Along with the international recognition, nurses honored are given a hand carved statue from a tribe in Africa. It represents the sacred relationship between a health care worker and a patient.
- Local nurse receives international award
- Lafayette receives "Stormwater Award"
- Lafayette boy receives award for saving lives
- Lafayette teacher receives Distinguished Hoosier Award
- Purdue receives award for supporting Toastmasters
- Purdue receives Tree Campus USA Award
- Lafayette Fire Department inspector receives statewide award
- Five WLPD members receive promotions, awards
- Otterbein Elementary School receives Inclusion Award
- West Lafayette police officer receives prestigious award