WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Purdue scored nine runs in the second inning to make it 10-0, and hardly slowed down after.
The Boilermakers beat Fort Wayne 27-3, marking Purdue's highest single game run total in nearly two decades.
Purdue got meaningful contributions from several local names.
Central Catholic grad, Tyler Powers was 3-for-5 with two RBI and three runs.
Fellow CC grad, Evan Kennedy finished the game 2-for-3 with three RBI and two runs.
McCutcheon grad Braden Giroux pitched-in an RBI and a run.
Next up for Purdue is a trip to Ball State on Wednesday; a chance for the Boilermakers to avenge a 2-0 loss to the Cardinals in early April.
See Tuesday night's highlights above.
- Local players contribute to Purdue's 27-3 thrashing of Fort Wayne
- Harris, Purdue crush Purdue Fort Wayne 78-44
- Purdue dispatches Purdue Fort Wayne 11-2
- IPFW officially becomes Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Purdue rallies past Purdue Fort Wayne on walk-off walk
- Bell mashes 3 home runs, Pirates thrash Cubs 18-5
- Purdue professor contributes to new national health guidelines
- Emily Kenny lifts Purdue softball past Fort Wayne
- Purdue-Fort Wayne welcomes students to campus; enrollment up
- Harrison's Stansbury signs to play softball at Purdue Fort Wayne