LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - While Hollywood is considered to be the home for filmmaking, local filmmakers are making great progress in the upcoming release of a feature length film produced here in the Greater Lafayette area.
"Counter Column," was filmed partially in Brookston, Lafayette, and San Antonio Texas, and editing for the film is happening in Lafayette.
The film revolves around facing the consequences of one’s choices and changing lives for the better.
Director and Co-Writer, Gilbert Sorola, says he didn’t go to school for filmmaking, but he’s always been fascinated with film, his favorite being “Raiders of the Lost Ark.”
“Movies was always something other people did, you know, people in Hollywood, people who had connections, people who had money. So for me to have the opportunity to do this is huge and I've enjoyed every bit of it.”
Producer and Lead Editor, Matthew Jordan, says the film is centered on Jordan and Sorola’s strong faith in God and their community.
“We wanted to make a movie that we could be proud of people watching and wouldn't compromise our faith. It's one thing to be preaching your whole movie and turn it into a sermon, it's another thing to actually tell a story and tell an honest story of reality. That's part of the reason to film locally and not go the Hollywood route.”
Sorola shared a large amount of the crew was volunteer based.
“We had people from all over the country come and help us put this together, and we just recently did our taxes for ‘Counter Column,’ and I was amazed at how few people we paid. They did it on their own, they just wanted to help us, they believed in the project.”
The crew is working on editing their second cut of the film and they hope to release the completed film publically mid-2020.
Visit the film’s website to learn more about the film and what you can do to help them reach their premiere goal.
- Local filmmakers make their dream a reality
- Trump denies reality of 3,000 dead Americans
- Two sisters fulfill lifelong dream of opening candy store
- Family realizes late artist's dream with Bikelantis documentary
- BENNIE'S COMEBACK: Star basketball player overcomes injury to fulfill dream
- South Newton Elem. Teacher leaves dream job to serve his country
- Local player with torn ACL makes three-pointer on senior night
- Flourish Studio partners with Indiana's Make-A-Wish foundation to grant local wishes
- Local Vettes giving to local vets
- West Lafayette native makes history