LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - A local church is working to raise awareness about human trafficking.
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Lafayette has been holding seminars all this week.
Members from the Lafayette Police Department were there to talk about human trafficking Tuesday. They explained the process of how it can happen and talked about some warning signs to look for.
Organizers said it's an issue that needs to be talked about.
"We were talking about it amongst ourselves here at the church and decided we needed to open it up to the community, so we could help educate as many people as possible," said Nita Cunningham.
Wednesday night will be the last seminar. The church is bringing in someone from the Attorney General's Office to talk about the matter.
- Local church works to raise awareness about human trafficking
- 5K raises money for human trafficking victims
- Purdue hosts competition to diminish human trafficking
- AG announces expansion of Indiana’s Human Trafficking Unit
- Indiana State Police crack down on human trafficking
- McCutcheon musical to touch on topic of human trafficking
- Indiana gas stations teach staff to report human trafficking
- Fountain Co. man at center of human trafficking investigation
- Local church asks for donations
- Superhero fundraiser happening this weekend to help raise autism awareness