Much of the area saw highs of 77-80 today, making April 11 the warmest day so far in 2019.
However, the warm front, fighting surface high bleeding in cool east wind, just couldn't surge much farther north than Fulton County.
Even at Monterrey, Indiana (north of Winamac) at the CWOP observation equipment just 64 was measured & the Fulton County Airport at Rochester reached just 64 as well. It stayed in the 50s at Fort Wayne & 40s over far northeastern Indiana.
We hit 79 at the Purdue University Airport ASOS & 79.6 for an unofficial high here at WLFI.
In going back 50 years, these are the median dates of the first occurrences of these temperatures.
Data is from West Lafayette at the Purdue Agronomy Farm COOP station. The West Lafayette data goes back overall to 1879 (1879-1953 Purdue University.................1954-present is from the Purdue Agronomy Farm northwest of town).
Median Date of First 70: March 20
Median Date of First 75: April 8
Median Date of First 80: April 20
Median Date of First 85: May 15
Median Date of First 90: June 4
Earliest 70: February 11, 1999 (73)
Earliest 75: March 5, 1983 (75)
Earliest 80: March 15, 2012 (82)
Earliest 85: March 20, 2012 (85)
Earliest 90: April 11, 1930 (90)
Latest Occurrence of Each: More Research Ahead!
- Local Weather History: 70-, 75-, 80- & 85-Degree Climatology In Spring
- CLIMATOLOGY OF 90-DEGREE DAYS IN THE AREA
- Local Weather History: The December 1987 "Bomb"
- Local Weather History: 1884-85.....The Winter to End All Winters....& a Record Cold Spring
- Local Weather History: The March 4, 1880 Severe Weather Outbreak
- Lecture series tackles local history
- The DWI & Some Weather History
- Local Weather History: The Historic Bomb of October 9-10, 1949
- Local Weather History: February's Top Biggest Snows & Coldest Temperatures
- LOCAL WEATHER HISTORY: LOGANSPORT'S PRE JULY 4TH TORNADO IN 1845