Lilly Road Bridge Project

Two bridges on Lilly Road are one step closer to being replaced.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 7:03 PM

SHADELAND, Ind.(WLIF)-Two bridges on Lilly Road are one step closer to being replaced. The county commissioners signed a design contract today for bridges 64 and 65 which are located in Shadeland near the Evonik plant. The bridges serve as an alternative emergency route for the company.

The other route emergency vehicles typically use passes over railroad tracks which could create an issue if a train were stopped.
The current bridges are one lane and aren't structurally sound enough to support the weight of emergency vehicles.
“The load restriction of the bridges is not as important and neither is the narrowness to employees coming in and out but if we had to have emergency services they are too narrow for the large loads," said Stewart Kline Executive Director, of the Tippecanoe County Highway Department.
The overall cost of the project is 3-million dollars. 80 percent will be federally funded. The county will pay the remaining 20 percent, around six hundred thousand dollars. Construction on the bridges is expected to start in 2025.

West Lafayette
Clear
89° wxIcon
Hi: 93° Lo: 72°
Feels Like: 94°
Kokomo
Clear
85° wxIcon
Hi: 90° Lo: 70°
Feels Like: 89°
Rensselaer
Clear
82° wxIcon
Hi: 89° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 85°
Fowler
Clear
82° wxIcon
Hi: 89° Lo: 69°
Feels Like: 85°
Williamsport
Clear
86° wxIcon
Hi: 92° Lo: 70°
Feels Like: 92°
Crawfordsville
Clear
83° wxIcon
Hi: 92° Lo: 71°
Feels Like: 87°
Frankfort
Overcast
86° wxIcon
Hi: 91° Lo: 71°
Feels Like: 92°
Delphi
Clear
85° wxIcon
Hi: 91° Lo: 70°
Feels Like: 87°
Monticello
Clear
85° wxIcon
Hi: 90° Lo: 69°
Feels Like: 87°
Logansport
Clear
86° wxIcon
Hi: 90° Lo: 69°
Feels Like: 87°
WLFI Radar
WLFI Temps
WLFI Planner

Indiana Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Confirmed Cases: 47432

Reported Deaths: 2687
CountyConfirmedDeaths
Marion11546683
Lake5104242
Elkhart321144
Allen2737129
St. Joseph190866
Cass16389
Hamilton1538100
Hendricks1390100
Johnson1256118
Porter72037
Tippecanoe6948
Madison65564
Clark64044
Bartholomew58244
Howard56557
LaPorte56326
Kosciusko5354
Vanderburgh5026
Marshall4823
Jackson4693
Noble46928
LaGrange4677
Hancock44035
Boone43743
Delaware43150
Shelby42325
Floyd37144
Morgan32731
Montgomery29320
Grant29126
Clinton2882
Monroe27628
Dubois2666
White26010
Henry25815
Decatur24932
Lawrence24225
Vigo2318
Dearborn22823
Harrison21222
Warrick21229
Greene18532
Miami1822
Jennings17411
Putnam1688
DeKalb1604
Scott1607
Daviess14216
Orange13623
Wayne1366
Steuben1282
Perry1279
Franklin1248
Ripley1157
Jasper1142
Wabash1122
Carroll1102
Fayette987
Newton9810
Starke923
Whitley905
Randolph784
Huntington742
Jefferson722
Wells711
Fulton691
Jay680
Washington681
Gibson672
Knox640
Pulaski641
Clay604
Rush563
Adams501
Benton480
Owen471
Sullivan441
Brown381
Posey380
Blackford372
Spencer371
Crawford300
Fountain302
Tipton301
Switzerland260
Martin220
Parke220
Ohio140
Vermillion140
Warren141
Union130
Pike100
Unassigned0193

COVID-19 Important links and resources

As the spread of COVID-19, or as it's more commonly known as the coronavirus continues, this page will serve as your one-stop for the resources you need to stay informed and to keep you and your family safe. CLICK HERE

Closings related to the prevention of the COVID-19 can be found on our Closings page.

Community Events