LEBANON, Ind. (WLFI) — Officers from the Lebanon Police Department and Boone Sheriff’s Office arrested two suspects shortly after an armed robbery in Lebanon.
According to a Lebanon Police Department press release, around noon on Thursday police were dispatched to the Verizon Wireless Store, located at 2415 North Lebanon Street, for an armed robbery. While responding, they were informed of a possible vehicle description and suspect descriptions.
With the help of a GPS device that was put in with the stolen property, officers were able to locate the suspects and vehicle in the area of Lebanon Street and Northfield Street. After the suspects spotted the officers, their vehicle began traveling south on Lebanon Street at a high rate of speed, then turned westbound on Camp Street.
Boone County Sheriff’s Detective Captain Mike Beard was pursuing the suspect vehicle with his emergency lights activated as they traveled westbound on Camp Street. Lebanon Officers also joined the pursuit as it approached Camp Street and Lafayette Avenue. The suspect vehicle was speeding and disregarded stop signs along Camp Street.
At the intersection of Camp Street and Lafayette Avenue, the vehicle attempted to make a right turn but was unable to make the turn and struck a vehicle traveling southbound on Lafayette Avenue. Two occupants exited the vehicle and fled on foot west into the Hoosier Estates Mobile Home Community. After a short foot pursuit, both suspects were taken into custody.
Kaeron Ray, 22 from Indianapolis, was booked into the Boone County Jail on preliminary charges of Armed Robbery, Intimidation, Criminal Confinement, Theft, Resisting Law Enforcement, Possession of Stolen Property, and Pointing a Firearm. Ray was also found to have active warrants out of Marion County for Burglary and Hendricks County for Armed Robbery.
Timothy Cottrell, Jr., 25 from Indianapolis, was also booked into the Boone County Jail on preliminary charges of Armed Robbery, Intimidation, Criminal Confinement, Theft, Resisting Law Enforcement, Possession of Stolen Property, and Pointing a Firearm.
The people in the vehicle struck by the suspect vehicle during the pursuit suffered minor injuries. Both suspects also suffered minor injuries during the collision and apprehension. No officers were injured during this incident.
- Lebanon Police apprehend armed robbery suspects
- Lebanon Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Police searching for suspects in Lebanon armed robbery
- Police identify suspect in Lebanon armed robbery, connected to other robberies
- LPD searching for suspect in armed robbery
- Suspect charged with Lafayette armed robbery
- Police make arrest in Lebanon armed robbery case after two hour standoff
- Police looking for suspect in alleged Romney Meadows armed robbery
- Police are searching for overnight armed robbery suspect
- Serial robbery suspect charged for multiple armed robberies