LEBANON, Ind. (WISH) — A Lebanon City Council member has died, the Boone County city announced Thursday.
“I was shocked and saddened to hear of the sudden passing of Councilman Jeremy Lamar. I extend my deepest sympathies, thoughts, and prayers to the Lamar family and friends,” said Lebanon Mayor Matt Gentry in a statement issued by Joe LePage, who oversees the city’s communications and community development.
Lamar was a council member for 15 years, including a period as a council president, the statement said. He was involved in the city’s Active Living Initiative, designed to provide healthy living options.
The mayor ordered all flags at city buildings to be flown at half staff until Lamar is laid to rest.
- Lebanon City Council member dies
- Lafayette City Council members help in fire rescue simulation
- 4-year-old Lebanon girl shot by 3-year-old brother dies
- Lebanon Police Seek Info on Runaway Teen
- Lafayette council member wants to ban e-cigs in same places as smoking
- Community members express opinions on future of city hall
- Lafayette City Council votes to ban e-cigarettes
- West Lafayette City Council proposes lengthy redevelopment project
- Lafayette City Council discusses low-income senior housing facility
- WL and Lafayette city councils implement buffer yard ordinance