TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - Indiana Department of Transportation crews will begin closing the westbound lanes of the Sagamore Parkway Bridge over the Wabash River Monday. It's the start of a project that will close the lanes for a majority of the summer.
According to INDOT, one lane of the bridge will close down Monday as the contractor begins building the crossovers for traffic to the eastbound side.
Crews are not completely replacing the westbound bridge, as they did with the eastbound side. INDOT said only the deck will be replaced.
The project is expected to finish in early August.
- Lanes to close on Sagamore Parkway Bridge Monday for summer construction
- INDOT to close westbound Sagamore Parkway Bridge until late-summer
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge closures begin today
- Construction delays expected on Sagamore Parkway
- Schedule slips on Sagamore bridge construction
- Eastbound lanes of Sagamore Pkwy bridge closed overnight Tuesday
- Series of closures on Sagamore Parkway Bridge to happen Tuesday
- All 4 lanes of Sagamore Parkway now open
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge reopens after two and a half years under construction
- Salisbury and Sagamore lane restrictions on Monday