ELIZABETH, Ind. (AP) — Caesars Entertainment's Horseshoe Southern Indiana land-based casino that's currently under construction is being rebranded as Caesars Southern Indiana.
Officials on Wednesday said that progress is being made on the $85 million project to create a 100,000-square-foot (9,290-square-meter) gambling and entertainment facility.
The Harrison County casino is located across the Ohio River from Louisville, Kentucky.
The new casino will feature slot machines, table games, and poker; a bar and lounge; a nonsmoking gambling area; and will offer on-site sports betting. The land-based casino is expected to open in December, while restaurants and other amenities are expected to follow in early 2020.
Horseshoe Southern Indiana's riverboat is remaining open while the new casino is built.
- Land-based casino rebranded as Caesars Southern Indiana
- Southern Indiana land trust gift includes old-growth trees
- Indiana lawmakers considering casino moves, sports betting
- Indiana sports betting, new casinos won't mean windfall
- Italy-based company plans North American HQ in Indiana
- Indiana Air Force base increases pilot recruitment efforts
- Plant-based food maker plans $310M Indiana production plant
- Work starting on new Indiana State Police aviation base
- Swastikas painted at southern Indiana retirement community
- CC's Lexi Thompson signs with Southern Indiana