CALCASIEU PARISH, La. (WLFI) — The U.S. Army is investigating the suspected murder of a Lafayette (IN) woman in Louisiana. The body of 22-year-old Shelena Kyle was found early Monday morning in the trunk of her husband's car near Fort Polk Army Base.
Investigators said Kyle's husband, Logan Kyle, was in the car along with 24- year-old Sarah Parker and her two young children. They believe the two adults were trying to find a place to dump Shelena Kyle's body when they were pulled over, thanks to a tip.
Logan Kyle is an Army Corporal with the 3rd Brigade Combat Team at Fort Polk. He is in custody of the U.S Criminal Investigation Division while the case is being investigated. CBS affiliate KNOE reports Logan Kyle joined the Army four years ago. No mugshot is available for him.
Parker was arrested for obstruction of justice and failure to report a homicide.
A classmate confirmed that both Shelena Kyle and Logan Kyle graduated from Harrison High School in Lafayette.
We've been reaching out to Shelena Kyle's family here in Lafayette to learn more about her life. News 18 will continue to follow this case as more information becomes available.
- Lafayette woman found killed in trunk near Louisiana Army base
- Missing Lafayette woman found safe
- $1,200 gold coin found in Salvation Army kettle in Lafayette
- New nature based playground opens in Lafayette
- Runaway Lafayette teens found
- Missing Lafayette 17-year-old found
- Body found in Newton Co. identified as West Lafayette woman
- People react to video of a woman apparently stealing from Salvation Army in Lafayette
- Lafayette Salvation Army is welcoming two new Lieutenants
- Lafayette Jeff's Bishop Johnson commits to Army football