LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Kylie Caroselli thought she was dreaming when she woke up and saw bullets flying through her bedroom.
Police said someone fired 25 shots into the home on South 31st Street Sunday morning. It's one of three shooting incidents that Lafayette police believe are connected.
"If I would have sat up like this, I mean, you can see that would have gone straight through my head," Caroselli said while showing News 18 her bedroom.
Police said it was the last stop in the string of three shootings.
"I woke up and I was like 'that's not real,' Caroselli said. "Then my roommate, who lives in the room behind, walked in and was like 'are you ok?' There's bullets everywhere, I mean there's not in a room in the house that doesn't have a bullet hole in it."
The other two incidents happened just a couple hours before. Police said the first was at Spring Gardens Apartments on Teal Road. A man, identified as Fred Crump Jr., was shot in the knee, according to police.
Not long after, 10 to 13 shots were fired into a vehicle on Windemere Drive on the city's southeast side. A car dealership building and a motor home were also hit.
Caroselli said when she looks around her home, she can't help but think every bullet hole was just inches and seconds away from what could have been a much worse situation.
"Someone shot my face wash," Caroselli said. "There was face wash everywhere in the bathroom. They shot through the shower, it ricocheted off the wall, (they) shot by the toilet. "If someone would have been sitting on the toilet, they would have got shot in the forehead."
Shattered windows and bullet holes will be a painful reminder, but Caroselli says all she can do is pick up the pieces.
"There's not much we can do about it, we just have to move on with it I guess."
Police said Crump is expected to recover. Witnesses described either a dark SUV or a grey/blue Buick Regal leaving the scene on South 31st Street.
Anyone with information should contact the Lafayette Police Department at (765) 807-1200.
- Lafayette woman feels lucky to be alive after home shot 25 times
- Multiple shots fired into Lafayette home overnight
- Lucky pup from Louisiana finds her new home in Indiana
- Lafayette home shot at nearly a dozen times, people inside arrested
- Storms damage Lafayette homes
- Two men charged after shots fired into a Lafayette home
- Lafayette police investigating after home shot at on south side
- Neighbor feeling unsettled after brutal homicide in Lafayette neighborhood
- Lafayette Fire Department smoke alarm saves woman's home
- Haunted Lafayette: The Pythian Home