TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette woman is being charged with neglect of a dependent after police found her passed out in her home with children present.
Court documents say that on Nov. 25 at around 1:11 p.m. Lafayette police were sent the 1100 block of Berkley Road in Lafayette to investigate a possible drug overdose.
When they arrived, police found 21-year-old Taylor Hancock lying unconscious on the floor.
They also found two small children, a toddler and an infant, in the home.
Medics arrived and were able to revive Hancock. She told police she had injected what she believed to be heroin and immediately passed out.
Hancock has been charged with two counts of neglect of a dependent.
- Lafayette woman charged with neglect of a dependent
- Child found alone leads to neglect charges for Lafayette man
- Woman sentenced in Vigo County neglect case
- Lafayette woman faces charges after weekend shooting
- Woman charged for shooting outside Lafayette bar
- A Lafayette woman charged after attempted robbery
- Lafayette woman charged after box cutter dispute
- Lafayette woman charged with kidnapping, auto theft
- Lafayette woman charged after alleged weekend stabbing
- West Lafayette woman facing welfare fraud charges