LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette woman is facing charges including battery with a deadly weapon and resisting arrest. 52-year-old Cyrita Costello was charged Monday after being arrested Saturday for an alleged stabbing.
According to court documents, Lafayette police were called to the Greenbush Crossing Apartments on Saturday afternoon in reference to a possible stabbing. Upon arriving, police found the victim, Earl Kelley, in the parking lot with blood on his shirt and abrasions on his nose.
According to the probable cause affidavit, Earl and Costello got into an argument over a phone call when she attacked him with a knife. Officers determined Earl suffered a stab wound to his shoulder and recovered a knife from inside an apartment that Earl identified as the knife Costello used.
- Lafayette woman charged after alleged weekend stabbing
- Lafayette woman faces charges after weekend shooting
- Suspect formally charged in weekend stabbing
- Triple stabbing reported in Lafayette
- Lafayette man arrested after stabbing
- Lafayette man has been charged in Perdue Street stabbing
- A Lafayette woman charged after attempted robbery
- Woman charged for shooting outside Lafayette bar
- Lafayette woman charged after box cutter dispute
- Lafayette woman charged with kidnapping, auto theft