Lafayette Ind. (WLFI)- A Lafayette woman is looking to the community for help in being reunited with her stolen rings.
Dorothy Merrell says the rings were a fiftieth anniversary present from her husband. Her husband died five years ago.
The two rings turned up missing after an estate sale she and had last week. The rings were in a small box with a bracelet in her bedroom. She had forgotten to put them on the day of the sale.
The stolen rings have been reported to the Lafayette Police Department. Merrell says she is shocked someone would steal the rings.
"It makes me feel terrible to think that someone would come into a place and steal things that did not belong to them and walk out and never pay for them,” added Dorothy Merrell.
Dorothy and her daughter are moving to St. Petersburg Florida in the coming weeks and would like to have the rings returned to them before they leave Lafayette.
- Lafayette woman asking for help in finding stolen wedding rings
- 2018 West Lafayette football team receives state title rings
- Woman arrested following Lafayette shooting
- Missing Lafayette woman found safe
- Two stolen pieces of Lafayette history were likely sold
- West Lafayette's new beloved 'Turtle X-ing' sign stolen
- Police uncover spice ring in Tippecanoe County
- Lafayette woman faces charges after weekend shooting
- Woman charged for shooting outside Lafayette bar
- Woman's warning about a West Lafayette McDonald's