LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)- Lafayette police say they believe a man involved with a SWAT situation Tuesday is now dead.
Police said around 2:45 p.m. a man shot off several rounds in a home on Washington Street in Lafayette. They said the man was intoxicated. Family members were inside of the home during the shots fired, but no one was injured. The family members then called police.
Investigators spent hours trying to get the man to come out of the home. He was considered dangerous because he was drunk and possibly armed. The Lafayette SWAT team tried to make negotiations with him.
The Tippecanoe County Coroner's Office is on their way. Police say the man is possibly dead, they are just waiting for the coroner to confirm it.
The scene at Holloway and Washington streets is stable. Police say it is an ongoing investigation.
- Lafayette police still investigating after three-hour SWAT situation
- Lafayette man charged in 2018 SWAT situation
- Linden man in custody after SWAT situation
- 18th Street SWAT situation ends with arrest
- SWAT situation at 22nd and State Streets
- Standoff is over in SWAT situation in Tippecanoe County
- Possible sexual assault reported in Friday's SWAT situation
- LPD Specialist O'Shields reinstated after review of SWAT situation
- Lafayette police continue standoff investigation
- Lafayette police investigate shooting at Romney Meadows