Photo Gallery 4 Images
LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- Police are investigating two separate overnight stabbings in Lafayette.
Around 9:30 p.m. Saturday, police were called to the intersection of Main and Asher streets for a reported stabbing.
When officers got there they found a man with multiple stab wounds. He was awake and able to speak with officers. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Police have arrested 37-year-old Joshua Balser of Lafayette.
Balser was found near inside a home near the intersection where the stabbing happened. He was taken to the Tippecanoe County Jail and preliminarily charged with a felony count of aggravated battery.
Police say the victim and Balser knew each other, and it was not a random act.
It's still under investigation.
Around 2:00 a.m. Sunday, Lafayette Police Department got another call about a stabbing.
Officers were called to a home in the 1800 block of Charles Street. When they got there they found a man with multiple stab wounds.
He was taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
Police say 21-year-old Charlisa Vorice was found at the at the scene and arrested.
She was taken to the Tippecanoe County Jail and preliminarily charged with battery with serious bodily injury.
This stabbing is also not considered to be random. Police say the victim and Vorice knew each other.
Anyone with information regarding either incident are asked to call the Lafayette Police Department at 765-807-1200 or the WeTip at Hotline 800-78-CRIME.
- Lafayette police investigating 2 overnight stabbings
- Lafayette Police investigating a stabbing
- Lafayette Police investigate shots fired overnight
- LPD investigating overnight stabbing near Columbian Park
- Lafayette police continue standoff investigation
- Triple stabbing reported in Lafayette
- Lafayette man arrested after stabbing
- Frankfort police investigating standoff and face stabbing
- Lafayette police investigate shooting at Romney Meadows
- Lafayette police investigating early morning shooting