LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police are investigating three weekend armed robberies. Officers do not believe they are connected.
The first was called in about 9:30 Saturday night at the Chase Bank ATM on Sagamore Parkway near the Tippecanoe Mall. Police said a 20-year-old woman was making a deposit when a man came up to her, showed a gun and demanded the money. The man was described as thin, about 5-foot 9-inches tall and wearing a blue sweatshirt and jeans, according to police.
Then Sunday about 4 p.m., police were called to the 3600 block of Sudbury Court in Lafayette for another report of a robbery with a firearm. Police said a 23-year-old man claimed another man showed a gun and stole his phone. Reports said two females were also with the suspect. The location is about half a mile east of where the first was reported.
That same night, police received another report of armed robbery in the 900 block of S. 19th Street. About 11:40 p.m., police said a 20-year-old man was expecting to meet a meet someone wanting to buy a pair of shoes. A man showed up and displayed a gun and brass knuckles. The suspect is described as about 6 feet tall and 210 pounds, according to police.
Anyone with information is asked to call Lafayette police at (765) 807-1200.
- Lafayette police investigating three weekend armed robberies
- Police investigate report of armed robbery at Lafayette Vitamin Shoppe
- Flora police are investigating an armed robbery
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery
- Lafayette police investigating Chase Bank robbery
- Lafayette man sentenced for armed robbery
- Armed robbery reported on Lafayette's east side
- Man sentenced in West Lafayette armed robbery
- Suspect charged with Lafayette armed robbery
- LPD investigating Black Friday alleged armed robbery