LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- The city of Lafayette is officially taking over the Lafayette Theatre Wednesday.
Wednesday night the marquee was lit up as symbolic gesture welcoming the Long Center as the new leader.
The first show it's promoting is the Big Bubble Bonanza.
It's a family friendly show presented by IU Health.
As we previously reported on April 23, the city bought the venue for $290,000.
The property appraised in the $500,000 to $600,000 range.
The building is 82 years old.
- Lafayette officially owns Lafayette Theatre
- Jeff Boyer's Big Bubble Bonanza held at the Lafayette Theatre
- Rescheduled Lafayette Nelly concert officially cancelled
- Lafayette Christmas Parade has officially been canceled
- Scooter ordinance officially passes in West Lafayette
- Lafayette man officially charged with child molestation
- Lafayette Police Department honors its own in annual awards ceremony
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Cooke, West Lafayette top Lafayette Jeff 2-0
- Lafayette history gets "Eerie"